Prenetics LimitedQuarry BaySalary negotiablePosted on 01 Dec 2020
- Energetic and dynamic working environment
- Biotechnology, Health and Wellness industry
- Startup and fast-paced culture
Prenetics is a leading genetics and diagnostic health testing company, having received over USD 60-million in strategic funding from Alibaba and more, and is operational in 10 countries with a team of over 200. Prenetics operates its direct to consumer genomics business via its two brands, CircleDNA and DNAFit. Prenetics, driven by a duty of social responsibility due to the global pandemic launched Project Screen, an initiative aimed at making COVID-19 testing easy, safe and accurate. Prenetics has to-date performed more than 300,000 RT-PCR tests in Hong Kong and the United Kingdom. In Hong Kong, Prenetics was the 1st private laboratory to have been appointed by the Hong Kong government for mass community testing. In the United Kingdom, Prenetics was instrumental in the re-start of the English Premier League season having done the testing across 20 clubs for all of their players and coaches, as well as introducing a digital health passport in stadiums.
As the Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper at Prenetics, you will be responsible to handle finance on-going and to ensure our finance operations are aligned with our compliance standard.
- Perform daily entries for Accounts Receivable(A/R) and Accounts Payable(A/P)
- Maintain accounting documents and records in an organized manner
- Assist in invoicing function
- Prepare Statement of Account and manage credit control with debtors
- Identify discrepancies for expense disbursement and employee reimbursements
- Liaise independently with external / internal parties for the payment and receipt issues
- Prepare cheque and process bank-in / withdrawal function and bank reconciliation on monthly basis
- Assist in periodically stock taking, monthly and year-end closing procedures
- Report to supervisor/management in a timely manner
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required
- Higher Diploma in Accounting or equivalent
- More than 1 years of experience in Accounting and Bookkeeping, while fresh graduates with a good track record will still be considered
- Proficiency in MS Office and Chinese word processing
- Good command of spoken and written English; Mandarin is a plus
- Mature, independent and self-motivated
- Good team player with interpersonal skills
- Experience with accounting software, i.e. Quickbook
- Immediate availability is highly preferred
Our Core Values
Customer Happiness : We need to do everything we can to make our customers happy. Often times, these are the little things that goes unnoticed which makes big differences.
Be Open and Transparent : The more open we are with our business, the more we can earn trust and credibility. This is true here at Prenetics as well, you can be rest assured that senior management is to be very open and transparent.
Adapt To & Embrace & Drive CHANGE : Change may sometimes be unsettling, especially if it is unwanted or unexpected, yet, it is the only constant, where we must evolve as our customers expect more and as our competitive landscape becomes more demanding.
Walk the Talk : If you say you will do something, you better make sure you complete your task by the date it needs to get completed. No BS here, no excuses and everyone has a responsibility to do their part.
TEAMWORK : The best leaders are the ones that listen and at Prenetics here, our management understands from and crafts by listening to our team members to enable them to do their best.
Be PROACTIVE : Being proactive is taking initiative in a situation. Being the first to step up and say, hey “i can do this”. Being proactive is becoming the emergent leader in a group. Proactive people are positive thinkers.
Be Passionate & Determined : Passion. Period. Sure we can do a job—anyone or any organization can just get the job done. But to get the job done exceptionally well? That takes passion.
Be Humble : Arrogance is self-destructive in the long run and though we take pride in our roles and results, we at Prenetics here, always live by that “we are only as good as our last month”.
Move Fast : Moving fast is one of a startup’s greatest abilities. If you believe in something, get on it and get it done. Don’t overthink it, and just move.
Do Epic Shit : Building great and big things means taking risks. This can be often times scary and prevents companies from doing the big things they should be. However, in our world where things are moving so fast, we are guaranteed to fail if we don’t take risks.
We are Prenetics, our people make us who we are.